With the first day of Autumn here, it’s time to think about winterizing your home. Taking precautions early won’t just save you headaches later, but it could save you from having a claim on your homeowners insurance. We all know how fast Ohio weather can change, so it’s best to get an early start!
The best way to start winterizing your home is by taking a walk around your home and assessing what needs to be done.
- Make sure to remove clogs in your gutters and check for water damage while up on the roof.
- Check your doors and windows for missing weather stripping to help keep out the cool air.
- Turn off the outside faucets and cover to protect against freezing.
- Inspect the foundation for cracks and gaps to prevent animals from getting in out of the cold weather.
- Look at your home’s siding for missing pieces.
If you find any problems while winterizing your home make sure to fix yourself or call a professional for help. Taking the right precautions can help problems from getting worse.