Schools are back in session and before you know it, it will be time for the dreaded flu bug. Before you know it you’ll start to see the signs to get your flu shots. And you know what that means? It’s flu season. Hard to believe it’s that time of year already, yet here we are.
What can I do during flu season?
There are several ways you can help protect yourself and your family from getting the flu this flu season.
- Get a flu shot (which many health insurance companies will cover at a reduced rate or at 100%, check with your agent)
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes
- Avoid crowded settings if possible, if not avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes and wash your hands as soon as possible after
- If you are the one with the flu, stay home and keep your distance from others so you don’t spread the flu
While these tips won’t guarantee you won’t get the flu, they can help reduce the chance. Do you need help determining how your health insurance will cover a flu shot? Give us a call, we can help