Have you ever been to a Christmas party where they do a white elephant gift exchange? Here at Rinehart Insurance it’s an annual tradition. We require the gift to be homemade for an added bit of fun!
What are the rules?
We found the official rules at White Elephant Rules website. – Click here to visit the site
- Each person brings one wrapped gift to put under the tree.
- Everyone draws a number, this determines what order they will go in.
- Gather around the tree where you can see all the gifts.
- Player one picks a gift and opens it.
- Player two can pick a gift from under the tree, or steal an already opened gift. Anyone with their gift stolen, can open a new gift or steal someone else’s gift.
- A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
- After three steals, the gift is “frozen” and can no longer be stolen. Whoever has it, gets to keep it 🙂
- After all players have a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift they are holding for any other open gift. (except for the gifts that are “frozen”).
- The End!
A white elephant gift exchange is a great addition to your Christmas party. We hope these rules will help you have loads of fun and laughter.
Check out the fun from our 2018 White Elephant Gift Exchange