There seems to be a tip or trick to everything these days. But have you ever heard of the tire tread penny test? You can use a penny to check if it is time to replace your tires. Yes, you read that right, a penny! Here’s how it works.
Tire Tread Penny Test
Conduct the test by placing the coin upside down with Lincoln facing you in the center of the tread.
- If you can see the top of Lincoln’s head, replace your tires immediately.
- If Lincoln’s hair is partially visible, start comparing tire prices, as you will need new ones soon.
Use the following tops to help keep your tires in the best shape possible
- Rotate your tires from the front to the rear in pairs.
- If you drive a four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicle, replace all four tires when it is recommenced in your service manual.
- Since tires do not wear evenly, perform the tire tread penny test at several points from the outside to the inside of the tires.
- Test and replace your tires at the same time.
- Always keep your tires properly inflated.
Your cars performance is essential to both it’s safety and its efficiency. Make sure your tires are in good condition and replace then as soon as they show too much wear.