Antique and classic cars are visibly different than the cars we drive today. You use them differently than your day to day car, so why treat them the same when it comes to insuring them? Antique and classic car insurance is specifically designed with your vehicle in mind.
When insuring your antique or classic car, consider how you will be using the vehicle.
- Will you only drive the vehicle to car shows or in a few parades? If so, your policy should be limited to those circumstances.
- Are you going to use your antique vehicle to go to the grocery store, hit the beach or visit a relative? Then your policy should reflect this kind of use.
A typical classic car insurance policy includes the following:
- Agreed value coverage: Pays for the car’s full-insured value with no depreciation in the event of a total loss, less your deductible.
- Inflation guard: To compensate for inflation and appreciation, the policy increases the vehicle’s value quarterly.
- Spare parts coverage
- Flexible usage: Limits on mileage ranging from 2,500 o 5,000 miles annually. Not limited to parades.
Additional Coverage Options
You can also purchase the following additional coverage’s for you antique and classic car insurance:
- Emergency towing in case of breakdown
- Roadside assistance
- Emergency lockout
- Emergency travel expenses in case your vehicle breaks down while away from hoe
- Theft reward
- Car show expenses: This policy will pay for expenses associated with missing a car show due to a breakdown
- Personal effects: This policy will reimburse you for items that are vandalized or stolen when reported to police
Your Needs Are Unique
Since antique and classic cars are all so different, your insurance coverage will be specific to your vehicle. There are many considerations that you and your agent will discuss while creating a policy to suit your classic car. Contact us to day to build your personalized antique and classic car insurance policy.
Click here to learn more about auto insurance.
Please share this article on facebook or twitter if you found it helpful.