Like many other people, you may be thinking about what you would like to accomplish in 2022 or what life changes you could make. Common New Year’s resolutions include losing weight, exercising, getting organized, learning new skills and saving money.
Additionally, the pandemic has likely given you time to reflect and think about what you’d like to change about your lifestyle. This is an excellent time to make positive life changes and strive for an overall healthier self. Consider the following five tips to start your year off right:
- Check in on your mental health. Mental health is just as important as physical health in building a healthy lifestyle. Reach out to a professional if you need help.
- Be social. The COVID-19 pandemic triggered feelings of loneliness for many. Reconnect with others virtually or while practicing social distancing. Be social in a way that you’re comfortable with.
- Get regular checkups. Stay up to date on your annual physicals and necessary health tests. Screenings can help identify health issues to be addressed.
- Drink more water. Consuming sugary drinks, like juice or soda, can cause liver damage, premature aging and anxiety. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption as well.
- Count nutrients, not calories. Focus on improving the overall quality of your diet and not getting hung up on calories. Achieve this by adding more fiber, protein and probiotics to your diet.
If you do just one thing in 2022, try making time for yourself. Identify the activities that make you happy or fulfilled and prioritize them. Talk to your doctor or mental health professional for guidance and support with lifestyle changes.
We hope this helps you to start your year off right. Happy 2022!